Thursday 4 October 2012

Sense of place...

Setting a scene for my looks is really important as it will help me to encapsulate a sense of place for my designs...these are just a few of the images from my monument valley trip that have inspired me to think about the use colour, texture and materials..




The pigments of colour in the landscape and the vivid orange and earthy tones of the rock made this location astounding and for me the patterns of the and textures earth, sand and rock are visually really exciting. The connection between nature/ natural material and tribes is really important as they use nature to source the materials for thier costumes and body paint.


TEXTURE!!!




These symbolic etchings were created by the tribe thousands of years ago - i want to continue to look into different etchings and markings made by different tribes and how they use symbolism and pattern.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at these images, it is clear how you evolved your experiments with texture and food. Well done.

    ReplyDelete