Sunday 20 January 2013

Editorial facecharts...




These are my initial face charts for my Editorial look along with my finalisd idea....













For my editorial look i want to create something highly contrasting to my catwalk look using a female model. I still want to create  sense of strength and identity however i want to create a slightly edgier look. I will use fiery tribal colours - reds , yellows and oranges around the eyes. This look was inspired by my research into tribal colours looking at pottery, masks and face paint. I love the idea of the eyes being a focal point of my design. As this is an editorial look i want it to be much more detailed. I want to create texture around the eyes using face mask as a base and letting it dry and crack. I will then apply supra colour over the top. I will use simple black tribal dots and dark eyebrows to accentuate the brow line and eyes and use face mask on the mouth in a sporadic way to create texture. I have decided to use blue on the lips as a bold contrast to the orange tones of the eyes, again inspired by tribal images i found.I want to continue the modern tribal theme by again using wire around the neck of my model, and i have introduced the idea of symbolism by intending to use black handprints to decorate the chest and neck area. Symbolism is a massive part of tribal history and culture so i feel this links strongly to the idea of identity within a tribe.




Final Editorial face chart .....









For the hair styling i will divide the hair into 3 and create  large plaited bun on he forehead. I Will then create plaited 'loops' on each side of the head. This inspiration originally came from the catwalk however i feel it would work really well for an editorial shoot. I am using the loops on each side of the head to represent the stretched ear lobes of tribal men and woman. I intend to use a very light haired model in contrast to my catwalk shoot. I hope to create a modern but almost futuristic look to my editorial image, bringing the wild kingdom theme into the 21st century, in particular with the hairstyling. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment