Sunday 20 January 2013

Face charts a design concept...


These are my initial ideas ad face charts for both my looks...after taking inspiration from many different sources, i am very clear on the direction and design concept for both my Editorial and Catwalk looks...


Catwalk face charts....










These are my initial ideas for catwalk makeup. Both are very dark and focus on the eyes. I want to keep my makeup look fairly simple bu it needs to create impact and be bold.



For my catwalk look i will be using a male model. I want to use black on the face with no colour. I want to keep to simplistic line, bold shapes and blocks of back as i feel for a catwalk look the makeup needs to be kept simple and striking. In my interpretation of the Wild kingdom theme , i want to explore the idea of transformation by representing tribal culture in a modern way, using modern materials such as wire and safety pins. I have chosen to use a male model as i want to convey the sense of strength and status which we see within a tribe, this i hope will also be captured through posture of the model and bold line. My choice to eliminate colour from my design was inspired by the makeup looks of the collections by Qasimi Homme and Lie Sang Bong. Both used black to create bold shape which i feel was very striking and i hope to create a similar effect with my look. Both designers also created a sense of status and power, the black almost creating an eerie look to the collections. 


                                                 


I will keep the hairstyling to a minimum , adding a small amount of face mask to the tips of the hair. The makeup will be finished off by wrapping solder wire around the forehead and nose of the model. I want the model to have a bare chest to create a primal and tribal feel. I will add small detail such as tribal fabric wrapped around the arm and face mask on the body to finish the look. I want the look to be raw and unkempt and want to create texture on the body using the mud mask . I have created a necklace for this look using wire and a polystyrene ring. I have intentionally left the polystyrene ring as it is as i want to create a contrast between black and white. I also chose a ring as the circular form represents neck rings and has connotation of body modification  rings which links to the trial theme of the shoot. I will use Illamasqua product for the base and Supra colour for the application of the black on the face. I have chosen a dark haired model as i feel this will best compliment the black makeup an d help to  create a sense of male power and dominance.





                                         Necklace using wire and Polystyrene ring

                                               










No comments:

Post a Comment