Sunday 20 January 2013

Editorial...

 After concentrating on catwalk inspiration i now want to concentrate on gathering ideas for my Editorial look. Similar to my catwalk look i want the editorial image to look very modern. I do however want the looks to be very contrasting to show two very different representations of the Wild kingdom theme. As i am using  male model for my catwalk look an want to keep the hair styling very simple, i want the hair design for my editorial look to be very dynamic. The images i have found so far of tribes and editorial images feature a lot of plaiting an this is something i want to incorporate into my editorial look. The inspiration for my editorial look ironically came from looking at s these images from a collection by designer Kirrily Johnston. 






This look immediately screamed to me Wild Kingdom, with its strong tribal references , ethnic accessories, Aztec prints and plaits. I particularly loved the way in which the plaits have been styled in the far left picture to mirror the shape of a tribal woman's stretched lobes. This really inspired me to think of how i can use hairstyling to represent the tribal look for my editorial shoot. I want my Editorial look to use bright colours, textures and patterns. 


Inspired by the circular looped plaits in the Johnston collection , i have gone on to find tribal images that could have perhaps inspired this design. In particular i am reminded of body modification and the ritual of stretching the ear lobes..








No comments:

Post a Comment